Headless Drupal + React: the best technology fit
- 3D rendering capabilities: threejs & needle
- Machine learning in the browser: TensorFlow.js
- Creating native applications on desktop or mobile phones using React Native or ElectronJS
- Leveraging web sockets, service workers...
Based on the market evolution, where there is talent, maturity, and future vision… we’ve chosen Drupal with React and Next.js. The reason we prefer these technologies is that they’re all open source and have a proven track record. They are not new, but still very much alive and evolving. Some simple stats:
- Drupal: Initial release: 2001, latest version 10 released in December 2022.
- Next.js: Initial release 2016, latest version 13 released in October 2022.
- React: Initial release 2013, latest version 18 released in June 2022.